Helicopter logo
Season Update 2020
17/08/2020 5:43pm

To those of you in Auckland, thanks for taking one for the team! 

 We are continuing to operate during alert Level 2 and are following operational procedures that reflect the best-practice guidelines for adventure tourism activities. If you are already in our system but can’t make it due to Level 2 and 3 restrictions, rest assured your bookings can be rolled over until your first available opportunity.

With all things considered, we’ve had a great season so far; the best part of course has been that we have been able to operate at all! For a while there it was touch and go whether we’d be able to get off the ground … However thanks to some breaks in costs we were able to lower our prices and further open up our backyard to you, our fellow county-people. 

How fortunate we feel to be living in this corner of the world. The absolute high-point of the season so far has been the abundance of Kiwis that have been out riding with us. Our busiest day boasted over 40 New Zealanders!

Weather-wise - we started out the season in July with early snow, then cold and clear conditions that allowed us to get up and running properly. A warm spell in the last week of July and the first few days of August shut us down for a slight period, but we’ve since been back in action and were very pleasantly surprised with an exceptional couple of days on the Tyndall Glacier. With more storms forecast things are starting to look great for the end of the month and moving into spring - just in time for restrictions to lift!

We look forward to the rest of the season and can’t wait to welcome back you folk who have had to delay.

B2B37AB2 7061 4EBB 8A82 5445EE5B9E66 56D446CA 2801 4FD0 84ED 92D96DB88715


35 Shotover Street,
Harris Mountains Heli Ski Over 40 Years Pioneers Badge
Recent Posts